Online marketing is an ongoing challenge. One of the most effective things you can do to improve your website, social media, and email strategies is to create quality content. Fortunately you do not need to be a tech-savvy, search engine optimization expert to develop online content. As a professional in your industry, you are uniquely positioned to develop informative and useful content that will attract the people who will become your customers.
Here are five simple ideas you can develop to create effective content:
- Testimonials or Problem/Solution Pages Testimonials from real customers who were satisfied or achieved success as a result of doing business with you are powerful! Reading about relatable problems and how you solved them for your customers will give prospects confidence in doing business with you. If you have a customer who is reluctant to reveal application details, write the page in more general terms, without specific names. The heart of the idea can usually be conveyed without details.
- Highlight a Product or Service A great ongoing source of fresh and useful content is a "Product of the Month" page. The product pages on most websites tend to be somewhat dry and informational. Try writing about the product from a different perspective for your Product of the Month feature. Describe why customers like the product and how it serves the buyers needs.
- Industry News As a serious business professional, you make it a point to stay abreast of the latest developments in your industry. Why not share that knowledge with your clients by adding a page to your website devoted to reporting on the latest industry news and trends? Add an Industry News page to your website and share articles that will be of interest to your customers. In addition to a link, you should provide a brief originally-worded summary of the article to provide fresh content for your website.
- Provide Helpful Resources A great way to build trust with potential customers is to demonstrate that you are truly interested in their success. An effective way to do this is to provide information and resources that will be helpful for your potential customers. These can be how-to-videos, links to industry resources, simple solutions, or any other information you think your customers could use.
- Answer Questions Adding an FAQ page or expanding an existing one is a highly effective approach to expanding content for your website. Today's buyers are internet-savvy and looking for as much information as they can find before making a purchase. By adding pages of content that focus on that information, you are educating your prospects, and moving them further along in the buying process.
Need some assistance in applying these ideas in your online marketing strategy? We are always here to help you make the most of your internet marketing! Give us a call!